Some of our featured brands:
BRIEF HISTORY OF TRINITY LUMBER AND BUILDING SUPPLY
Prior to becoming Trinity Lumber and Building Supply the property was occupied by Weaverville Industries Inc, a World War II small business manufacturing small wooden items under contract for military use. It consisted of a lumber drying yard, planing mill, lumber and manufacturing shed. Five local businessmen made up the partnership. At the end of the war, one of the partners, Jack Hanlon, bought the property and established a small retail lumber and hardware business.
In 1950, Hal Goodyear and Bob Marshall created Trinity Sand and Gravel and were operating part-time out of a small plant in Douglas City, just outside of Weaverville. In 1955 the demand for transit-mixed concrete began to develop and the partners began to look around for a suitable site for a batch plant. They found that Hanlon Lumber was for sale. With no desire to get into the retail lumber business, it was an ideal setup for an all gravity aggregate delivery system. The property was purchased anyway, with Hal taking over the management of the lumber yard and Bob taking over the gravel operation. Thus, Trinity Lumber was born.
In 1982, Hal’s son, Gene, took over the family tradition as owner, and at the beginning of 2005, was joined in partnership by his son, Merritt, who intends to continue as the third generation of Goodyears to provide Trinity County and the outlying areas with top notch customer service, and the highest quality products on the market.
Over the years Trinity Lumber has added on, expanded, and is now offering 1.7 acres of lumber yard and 3,000 sq. ft. of retail space, with a full line of hardware and building materials, roofing, TimberTech composite decking, windows, doors, millwork, siding and trim, plumbing, electrical, paint, rentals, and a prompt, on time, delivery system.
Located off 299W at 230 Washington and Brannan in Weaverville, Trinity Lumber has been serving Trinity County residents since 1955. We feature a 3000 sq. foot store, 6600 sq. foot warehouse, and a 1000 sq. foot rental center on 1.7 acres south of Lowden Park.
Back to top
View Larger Map